Federal Reserve increases federal funds target range to 0.75% to 1%.
- Fed: inflation close to goal, refers to target as ‘symmetric’
- Fed officials seeing 3+ hikes in 2017 rise to 14 from 11
- Fed officials seeing 4+ hikes in 2017 unchanged at five
- Fed: median federal funds est. 1.4% end-2017, unch. vs dec.
- Fed: median federal funds est. 2.1% end-2018, unch. vs dec.
- Fed: median federal funds est. 3% end-2019 vs 2.9% in dec.
- Minneapolis fed’s kashkari preferred no change in rates
- Fomc: policy to support ‘sustained return to 2% inflation’
- Fomc: business investment ‘appears to have firmed somewha
Read the proverbial tea leaves.
Take it to your local palm reader.