There for a minute, it seemed like we were going to be forced to make it through a lazy, hazy (at least here on the island) summer afternoon without a strong dose of presidential “covfefe.”
But then, just when everyone’s heads were about to hit the keyboards … high octane hyperbole courtesy of the commander-in-chief:
Here are the bullets (figuratively and literally, in this case):
- “If anything, that statement may not be tough enough,” President Trump tells reporters in response to question on North Korean regime calling the U.S. leader’s warning “nonsense.”
- It’s not acceptable what North Korea has “been doing and what they’ve been getting away with,” Trump says to reporters in Bedminster, N.J.
- American people should feel “comfortable,” he says regarding N. Korean threats
“The people of our country are safe, our allies are safe”
- If North Korea does anything to U.S. or its allies “they can be very very nervous”
- “Things will happen to them like they never thought possible”: Trump
- People of North Korea should be careful, or they’re going to “be in trouble” like they’ve never been before, Trump says
That’s right folks: when “fire and fury” just ain’t enough.
It appears our begging did not fall on deaf ears after all…