Donald Trump’s New York campaign co-chair Carl Paladino knows exactly what he wants to see happen in 2017.
By way of introduction, Paladino is a former GOP candidate for governor of New York. Here’s a brief bio from his official website:
Carl graduated from St. Bonaventure University and the Syracuse University College of Law. He received his Juris Doctor degree in 1971 and was assigned to Fort Bliss, Texas to serve for active duty in the U.S. Army. Carl later returned to Buffalo, eventually undertaking the management role for the New York City-based owners of the Ellicott Square, and establishing the law firm of Paladino, Cavan, and Quinlivan. He retired from military service as a Captain in 1981.
As a successful and experienced businessman, forever loyal to the City of Buffalo, Carl is frequently sought out to share his leadership and expertise with many organizations.
A life-long resident of the City of Buffalo, Carl is honored to be married to Mary Catherine Hannon and is blessed with four children: William, Danielle, Patrick and Sarah; and 5 grandchildren, Carl William, Grace Catherine, Claire, Nolan Lawrence and Lincoln Patrick.
Just a good-hearted patriot and wholesome family man, right?
Well, Carl recently participated in a survey conducted by Buffalo media outlet Artvoice which asked him (and others) the following four questions:
1. What would you most like to happen in 2017?
2. What would you like to see go away in 2017?
3. Who would you like to see run for mayor of Buffalo in next year’s election?
4. Should the new $50 million Amtrak station be at Central Terminal or Canal Side?
Here are Carl’s unedited responses:
1. Obama catches mad cow disease after being caught having relations with a Herford. He dies before his trial and is buried in a cow pasture next to Valerie Jarret, who died weeks prior, after being convicted of sedition and treason, when a Jihady cell mate mistook her for being a nice person and decapitated her.
2. Michelle Obama. I’d like her to return to being a male and let loose in the outback of Zimbabwe where she lives comfortably in a cave with Maxie, the gorilla.
3. Someone with a brain, a set of balls and a lack of fear who has enough money so as not to owe anyone anything once elected and who believes in a market economy.
4. We need a $50 million dollar train station as much as we need parasitic people like Lou Ciminelli, 80% of the school board and the dizziness of socialistic progressive politicians who never signed the front of a paycheck. At best 400 people a day take a train. They are not complaining about exchange or Depew. We are already the laughingstock of America for having the dumbest elected leaders ever. Why add to it.
Why don’t you tell us what you really think, Carl?
Asked by an apparently incredulous Buffalo News whether he actually said all of that, Carl responded as follows:
“They asked what I want, and I told them.”
Fair enough – I guess?
Far from backpedaling, he would later say that anyone who doesn’t like what he has to say can “go fuck themselves.” Here is his decidedly unapologetic official response letter:
Right. I mean when you really think about it, it’s hard to imagine how saying the (African American) First Lady of the United States should be “let loose in the outback of Zimbabwe where she’ll live comfortably with a gorilla”, could possibly be construed as racist.
Maybe Trump can help anyone in the press who might have “misunderstood” Paladino come to their senses.
(just ‘Pal’lin’ around)
Carl was at Trump tower for a meeting with the President elect on December 5.