Well, that escalated quickly…
- ADP says U.S. firms added 246k jobs in Jan.
- 246k jobs vs. est. 168k (range 140k to 204k) from 39 economists.
- Dec. revised by -2k to 151k from 153k as reported last month.
- Small firms (1-49) added 62k jobs in Jan.
- Medium firms (50-499) added 102k jobs in Jan.
- Firms with over 500 employees added 83k jobs
- Treasuries fall to session lows after January ADP Employment
- The dollar gained after ADP employment report was stronger than expected;
- The Bloomberg dollar index stayed within the day’s range, though USD scored fresh highs vs EUR and JPY.
What’s the over/under on how long it takes Trump to tweet something?